VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Variant (Jetta SportWagen for the Yanks)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello there everyone in VW Land. This is DangerWagen. This is the day before the death of the fuel system.

This is my fifth VW, first wagon, third fast, first diesel. Glad to be here with all the knowledge flowing around, I'll need it soon. Back on August 18th, someone, who better not remain nameless, decided it would be a smart ass joke to put gasoline in my car. Now for some unknown reason, this car just won't run on gasoline.

Because because it's a diesel.

Now I work 60 mi from my home, and it decided to go caput 5 minutes from work. So, I do the only thing I can and I take it, on a tow truck, to the stealership.

$1,275 later, I have a new fuel system. However, the car gods have smiled on me and given me a DPF that is clogged beyond use and must be removed. Oh my... Whatever will I do.?

What's that? The community sells parts to remove the bad parts completely forever, but it won't pass an emissions test? Well, it's a good thing I live in an area of VA that doesn't have them. So, the parts have been ordered, the Malone stage 2 software has been downloaded, and as soon as I have pipes in the garage, she gon go fiest.

Pics and build on a different thread. Thanks for watching.

·
Premium Member
2013 VW JSW TDI, MT
66 Posts
Car looks really cool!

Reactions: Complinitor

·
Super Moderator
9,551 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

After being prompted. ;)

With a false add GTD grille.

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Variant (Jetta SportWagen for the Yanks)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, thanks. I actually posted to insta instead of here! Too much sauce that night. And yes... I even made sure not to use the chrome GTD grill AND the MKiv logo. One of the mechanics at the stealership had no idea what it was.

At this point, the CR170 upgrade will come next year. Currently sitting my mailbox is Malone stage 2. Have to wait another couple weeks till they get the pipes done for me. Then it's off to the races... Quite literally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts