VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys: Most of the time I have taken care of my daughter's car, she used dearly love me, but now I'm not that sure, since I haven't been able to solve this problem. It's a 2014 VW Passat TDI 2.0L SEL Premium (ckra), the cylinder head needs
to be removed and put back on after a machine shop does valves work on it. Would someone help me to find a place, repair manual, link, or website where I can get the instructions, and directions that guide me and to see if it is something I can do if I can get the proper tools to, successfully, finish the task.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Caddylackn. I've been surfing the internet not only for videos but for instructions, directions, and repair manuals, but so far nothing is quite enough. I'll be so grateful if someone within the turbodiesel community has a link or know someone who could help out with this predicament and share that knowledge. Again thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did find a video of removing the turbo and DPF on youtube. Those parts would be required to be removed before removing your cylinder head so about half the work needed. Look at that informative video and see if it is within your skill set.

VW TDIs do require specialized tools, and general knowledge of engine repair procedures. Most of the specialized tools are for alignment of the cam and crank for installing the timing belt. A cylinder head replacement is not relatively easy, and if this is your first, the TDI has a steep learning curve.

How are you fixed on tools and do you have a shop or garage to do this? If this were mine, I would get a VW factory repair manual, probably it is a pdf or a CD. Study it, then figure out what tools to buy or rent.

If you are removing the head, most likely you do the water pump, timing belt, tensioner, valve stem seals, and all wear items while you are here.

Do the valves need reground or are they bent? If the timing belt slips one tooth they could hit the pistons and bend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course, I don't want to overestimate my own capacity, that's why I'm doing my best to research tools and knowledge. I'm not worried about crank, cam, and HPFP timing alignment because I'm familiar with the procedure and have the locks. my major concern is the order which I'd follow during disassembling, is needed any special setting? (besides timing belt), and also the specialized tools. I feel kind of frustrated about my inability to find a repair manual specifically for this model. I'll be so grateful if someone could help me to get access to one. Thanks. PS: To Caddylackn: Bothering to answer and giving those tips and insights is thoughtful, I regard your remarkable kindness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts