VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question... I have a 09 JSW TDI 6-spd. The left outer axle boot is ripped and torn open, and a Raxle replacement isn't in the cars right now... Can an axle off an 06 TDI sedan work? Part #'s are: 2006 manual TDI sedan 1K0 407 271 BL vs. 2009 manual TDI wagon 1K0 407 271 NT.

As you can see, the only difference in the part # is the last 2 letters...

Thanks-

·
Super Moderator
9,382 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

Volkswagen Parts catalog - ETKA Online, Volkswagen EUROPA, original Catalog Volkswagen EUROPA keep this in your favorites/bookmarks for reference. It shows the same picture layout as ETKA. As it will save me checking ETKA, which isn't working with the new 8.2 version

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith-

I'm far from a new member... While I may not post regularly, I have posted in the past, I believe in both the Mk3 and Mk5 forums. And I have both cars, BTW.

I checked etka, but there is no way to tell the difference between superceeded part #'s. I can tell you that a left side axle shaft from an 06 5-speed will not fit an 09 6-speed. While the part #'s are the same (except for the last 3 letters), the parts are different. The output axle flanges are a different diameter and the xzn bolts are a different size.

Hope this information can help someone else down the road.

0Kerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts