VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to custom order a TDI from a factory?

I'm looking for a 4 door Candy White TDI manual with xenons, and I plan on putting the Votex kit on it, as well as the rear led's from the GTI-R.. but I can't find any single one in stock anywhere here. I'm only 16, but am looking for it anyway (what an awesome first car..)

anyone have any suggestions? BMW has their European Delivery thing, and does Volkswagen have anything similar? Or do I just have to wait for one to get in stock...

any input is great..

thank you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Volkswagen does not "custom order" any car. I would think the only way one could do this is "getting in good" with one of the executives at VW of America.

As close as one could get is to have a dealership put in your request for how you would like your car delivered, so long as it includes only the available options for that car. From there I believe a regional sales rep is the one who allocates which orders are picked for production and he forwards those to to German to be built. Some "requests" may never make it to production.

I highly admire you, for your age, and thinking DIESEL!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Diesels are the way to go. Good mileage, low end torque, and super longevity. And sportriderseattle, I saw your car.. and it's amazing.

I'd recommend, if you're willing to spend 800 bucks, to get these rear led lights.

http://www.dubdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/VW_LED-Rear1.jpg

I don't know if you knew about them or want them.. and if you do I can give you a link to a website of where to get them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That has got to be a North American thing.
Yes indeed. What an irony! Us selfish, need-everything Americans can not have it our way. I suppose it's Germany's way of taming our selfishness just a little. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I custom ordered an Audi A3 TDI (yep, North America) and it just arrived after 11 weeks
I ordered an RS4 a couple of years ago and it arrived after 30 weeks.:D

Despite the fact that Audi has done custom ordering in the US forever, I think that if they're going to charge $35-40k (average) for the CR 140 in a 6 year-old platform that pales to the MK VI, and only allow DSG, they damn well better allow buyers to get exactly what they want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts