VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 05 golf and it only has the valet/mechanics key. I'm looking into getting a remote key, but the stealership wanted $300+!! So now I'm looking to get one and code it myself, but I have no idea what my SKC is. I googled how to find it and it brought me here. I read a post by chittychittybangbang linking to a page on how to pull it, but the forum says I have to post once in order to view it. So, all in all, this was probably a complete waste of your time unless you want to commensurate on how VW sucks for A). making you pay $300+ just for a spare key and B). not giving you all of what you paid for (ie SKC). I think next time I should learn how to use paragraph breaks. werd

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
You can get it for well under $300. FYI, if you haven't seen it, also refer to the mk4 key FAQ page. That page is more tailored to replacing the key, the immobilizer and SKC FAQ is more on working with the system.

They don't give the SKC out when your car was new and the dealer cannot give it to you. If you can live with only 1 key, take the key apart and swap the chip as shown in the mk4 key FAQ.
welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts