VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I already introduced myself and posted many years ago when I joined.

For various reasons, my 06 Jetta with 153k miles here in Florida got no use for a few months last year. When I went to drive it, the brakes would not fully release when the pedal was released. I changed the brake fluid, including the clutch and it worked well again. It then again sat outside unused for a couple more months and now the slow release brake pedal and sticking brakes problem is back. I jacked up the front of the car and tested the front wheels by applying the brakes to see if they would stick. They did not. I then repeated the test for the back wheels with the same curious lack of sticking. The pedal stll returns very slow. All the rotors and pads are fairly new. I am greatly puzzled. I have not yet checked the one way valve to the booster, but that is the next thing on my list.

I do still need to change a noisy front right wheel bearing. Could a funky wheel bearing actually be the cause of the drag, even though it doesn't pull when dragging?

Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The flexable rubber brake lines have collapsed on the inside. Same thing happened to our 2006 Jetta TDI DSG here in Central Florida. Mike

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The flexable rubber brake lines have collapsed on the inside. Same thing happened to our 2006 Jetta TDI DSG here in Central Florida. Mike
I finally got the time, changed the hoses and bled the brakes. It is quite
20210213_221612x.jpg
a bit better, but the pedal is still coming up slow, and the brakes stick a bit for a few moments. I have attached a photo of the driver side of the brake booster, as it looks like there is corrosion. Could this be a reason? Am I OK with simply spraying some WD40 in there to loosten it up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts