VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my wife went to start her 09 Jetta Sedan. Garaged and temp was 41 degree's F. It seemed not to have enough battery to crank it over. She tried twice. When I got home I ran VCDS on it and found 01-ENGINE-STATUS MALFUNCTION 0010 and 09-CENTRAL ELEC-STATUS MALFUNCTION 0010 I have the battery on charge now. The one time I tried to start it it would crank,but not fire. Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

dweisel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Might be worth running through the following flowchart.

untitled.JPG

(With acknowledgement to and extracted from Tom Denton's excellent publication 'Advanced Automotive Fault Diagnosis')

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
The battery seems the most likely problem, it could just be defective. Bad fuel? Water in the fuel?
Thats one of the first things I checked was the fuel filter and cansiter. Clean,NO water or other goodies. I'll check a few other things. Fuses,EGR and inner cooler hose.

Thanks shipoopi, I printed that out for future reference. Good thing to have around.

UPDATE 12/08/10: Got it started after charging battery for several hours. Started after the second cranking. Ran rough for 5 to 10 seconds. Took it for a test drive and all was okay. We'll see what the next few days bring.Going to leave it on the battry charger overnight. How long are the original batteries warranted for?
UPDATE: 12/09/10 Started fine after being on battery charger overnight. Battery warranty 2years/24k miles. 100% replacement.

If my wife has a no start again,I'll take the battery to the dealer to test and hopefully get a replacement under warranty.

dweisel

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Thats one of the first things I checked was the fuel filter and cansiter. Clean,NO water or other goodies. I'll check a few other things. Fuses,EGR and inner cooler hose.

Thanks shipoopi, I printed that out for future reference. Good thing to have around.

UPDATE 12/08/10: Got it started after charging battery for several hours. Started after the second cranking. Ran rough for 5 to 10 seconds. Took it for a test drive and all was okay. We'll see what the next few days bring.Going to leave it on the battry charger overnight. How long are the original batteries warranted for?
UPDATE: 12/09/10 Started fine after being on battery charger overnight. Battery warranty 2years/24k miles. 100% replacement.

If my wife has a no start again,I'll take the battery to the dealer to test and hopefully get a replacement under warranty.

dweisel

Moisture /water in the intake below the Intercooler? Freezing weather with low dew point a few days before the incident? Check that Intake pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts