VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the VW wheel guide, the Imola is listed as 14x6 only, but... BUT!

There were about 400 sets of 15x7 Imolas produced as Canadian dealer accessory wheels. These had charcoal metallic painted inserts and flat-machined faces, unlike the silver metallic 14" wheels that had as-cast unmachined faces with round edges. There's actually a picture of the 15" Imolas on the site, with a note that they're not painted "black" from the factory. But they're actually a different size, and were never available factory-installed, only through Canadian dealership parts catalogs.

For reference, here's my '91 GTI with a handful of these wheels that made it to the US:

And the same car after it was destroyed by a flood this July, which is why I found this absolutely fantastic site, as I'm rebuilding it with a '98 Mk3 TDI conversion. :)

If you're saying "Holy cow, that's a European Digifiz digital dash in that car!" that's because it is. Was. :mad:

Great site, by the way! I've spent hours upon hours reading up!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Thank you for the correction. I have added a note.

Please share any pics you have of the conversion, it looks very interesting and it will let anyone make suggestions or help out. Thanks for joining our community!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sure! I've been hoarding parts for weeks now; I'm picking up the (rusty donor) Jetta TDI today and driving it home. As the garage is in Milwaukee, and I'm in Chicago, I can only work on it in bits and pieces, but I'm hoping to document everything. I'm hoping that I can get the TDI to play nice with the MFA on the digital dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts