1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.. i'm newbie here...
i would very much like some help :panic:

i've just got a Golf Gti Tdi 150 PD :D

i'm loving quickness & the fuel savings (derv not Veg oil) compared to my BMW Z3

But.... i've had problems with this dam in-convenience comfort module :(
my remote central locking wouldn't work so after lots of google it
i decided to get another used unit from FleaBay £50
original part # 1C0 959 799 B
found one that said Golf/Passat 1C0 959 799 B
i got sent 1C0 959 799 B /06T

Everything works except the rear hatch tailgate, it remains unlocked when rest of car is locked.
I took of plastic cover, unhooked the actuator rod to the mech, pulled the rod down, hit unlock on fob & rod shot back up, hit lock it makes a noise but will not move down to lock.

I refitted my original inconvenience unit, locked via drivers door lock (remote on old unit doesn't work) & tailgate actuator locks & unlocks :BS

So can anyone help please is it because this unit might be from a Passat & boot lid works differently to a hackback tailgate???
Is it a re program job with VagCom ???

Many Thanks Jay

·
Registered
482 Posts
How did you narrow the rpoblem down to the CCM and not the key or door module? The key and door module works normally with the new CCM but not the old?

It's possible that the CCM has to be recoded with VCDS (the new name for VagCom). VCDS should have a helper menu show up when you use it to tell you valid codes. If not, try checking the adaptation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep... old CCM unit, remote central locking from fob(s) doesn't work
but locks ALL from the drivers door lock.

New used unit, Fob Remote locking works after i paired them the manual way, but not to hatch tailgate.

however with new used unit, if i manually pull down rod from actuator in tailgate, with it disconnected from the lock mech, then hit unlock on fob the rod will shoot back up as to unlock, but press fob lock makes a noise but won't shot down to lock.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
My only guess is that the 06T in the part number is screwing it up.

You could try matching the keys to the old CCM. A bad door module and microswitch on the driver's side is a common problem but it normally results in strange alarm and interior light operation, not what you describe.

Most mk4 stuff is very similar if not the same and while I'm not sure, I don't see why the hatch operation would be different so I would guess that it's due to the CCM. Before returning it I would check to see if there is an option in adaptation or coding to fix this.

Here is a link to some info on the Golf CCM, I don't know what year it is and if you email Ross tech they may know:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1J)_Comfort_System_(Generation_3)
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1J)_Comfort_System_(Generation_2)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i dont have any issues with micro switches in doors/tailgate all lock ok with old CCM,
& all interior lights operate ok with all doors, even dash computer display shows doors open & closed ok, but i can't pair keys with my old unit, was told it was not working when buying.
with my new used unit i have paired my 2 key fobs that came with the car, that relate to the old CCM, everythings works fine except rear hatch Lock as described above.

I have sent the used CCM back to ebay seller as it came out a Passat part#
1C0 959 799 B /06T , where mine is Golf part # 1C0 959 799 B
he did ask if i'd programed fobs with VagCom, no as i don't have it & i did it manually using 2 key method, so we agreed maybe it because a Passat rear boot mech works differently (i don't know if that's the case but he fell for it LoL)
I didn't findout much info from the links... i think i'll buy another used CCM but from a Golf this time with Exactly the same part#
These people in King's Lynn told me that a CCM from another car wouldn't work at all & i couldn't program my keys to it, & that it was part of the immobiliser!! King’s Lynn Auto Diagnostics http://www.remmington.plus.com/

Many thanks for your help

·
Registered
85 Posts
You could look in a local junkyard instead of Ebay. They know what parts should be interchangeable. CCM isn't part of the immobilizer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts