VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I recently purchased a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. I live in the Washington DC region and do not park the car in a garage. Understanding that there are always exceptions to the rule, can anyone living in this area tell me if they use cold weather additives during our winters?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We live in Northern Ontario it is currently -20 celcius here (-4 F). Never needed to add anything - jetta always parked outside- never plugged in the block heater .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all - I recently purchased a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. I live in the Washington DC region and do not park the car in a garage. Understanding that there are always exceptions to the rule, can anyone living in this area tell me if they use cold weather additives during our winters?

Thanks!
I live in Virginia and travel to DC often. I have a 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. I have never added anything and the car runs great. The mileage does drop during the winter months though. During the summer I have been getting 47-50 mpg COMBINED driving, and now I am getting 44-45.5 mpg combined. Just back from Snowshoe on a ski trip. 52.2 mpg over 640 miles RT.

·
Super Moderator
9,577 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies
We live in Northern Ontario it is currently -20 celcius here (-4 F). Never needed to add anything
Some how I don't believe that we only have -5 C to -7 C here and mine freezes with a 50% mix. ;)

·
Premium Member
219 Posts

Thanks!
From what I've been able to find out, diesel is changed to the winter blend from September 1 to April 1 (according to Chevron). Info from BP indicates they change to winter diesel around October 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts