VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Does Stage 2 and Stage 3 have the same pedal pedal force?
Is there any difficulty in driving a daily car? Stage 3.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a stage 2 daily and it is SOOO light when you first start driving it again.
Lighter than stock! My guess would be The stage 3 can't be much heavier than stock unless you run the stage 3 drag setup. Anyway SB clutches are great :)

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
No idea what "difficulty" means to you, but I'd find it difficult if one's clutch were slipping like crazy due to too much power. How much power is (and or is expected to be) in front of the hypothetical clutch here? Match up power and clutch. But...

I'm running a DC Stage 1 clutch in my car (.205 nozzles and Malone Stage 2 tune) and it hold very well. It's a heavier-pedal than stock. As a guy I kind of like a bit more force: my dual disk clutch in my truck, however, is another story! Wife's car is running an SB Stage 2 (.215 nozzles and a Malone Stage 3 tune). Holds power great and is insanely easy- very happy to have installed this clutch rather than the DC, for HER.

Note that just about any clutch, other than insane drag strip ones (and even here they might feel easier to depress- they'll be really grabby though), are going to feel easier than a well-worn stock/old clutch. It's geometry at work: pressure plate has less leverage as the fingers have to move more -get flattened out more which reduces leverage- to make up for disk wear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts