VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a blue graphite Golf TDI 2-Door! To me, it handles just as well as the old European Golfs and picks up like nothing else.

I noticed a clicking sound from the inside of the passenger door when I drive over dips/bumps in the road. The suspension blockers were properly removed when it was delivered, and the car shows no obvious signs of damage. Does anyone have experience/advice about this before I take it in to get it checked out under warranty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my three week old 2010 Golf TDI. Let us all know what you discover as it hasn't bothered me enough to take in to the dealer yet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I thought I heard something like that the other day. It turns out it was just my aluminum travel mug in the middle console. For some reason it vibrates enough to make a kind of clicking sound and bounces off the door so it sounds like it's coming from the door. But other than that, I haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did some more investigating and found out that the clicking is coming from the rear passenger-side window. It might be moving around because it's not as well-seated as the others. Guess it's time to take it in to the dealer...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer tells me it's something in the rear passenger side panel, either the assembly or the insulation. So they're ordering new replacements (no charge because it's on warranty) and installing them when they arrive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2010 Golf 2 door with the same problem. I have been to the dealer and they did not fix it. It is fairly irritating on a new car. Thanks for the info I will share it with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I've been to the dealer FOUR (4) TIMES!! for this problem and yet the noise remains. They even replaced some part in the door...

The last time I went (today), they heard the noise in the morning, then called me and said they were unable to reproduce the noise. I picked up the car and as I left the lot, the door clicked... !!!

It's really annoying - I hope someone on this forum and figure it out.

HELP!!!!!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Have you tried taking the tech for a ride? You probably know the conditions which reproduce it best. Maybe if there's someone sitting in the passenger seat it presses on something in the seat and dampens the noise?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Have you tried taking the tech for a ride? You probably know the conditions which reproduce it best. Maybe if there's someone sitting in the passenger seat it presses on something in the seat and dampens the noise?
I did and he heard the noise. Supposidly when he drove it later with an additional tech, they could not reproduce the noise... :BS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts