VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I haven't been able to find my search topic yet which is surprising!?

Take a look at the pictures I've attached here. Also keep in mind that CEL codes P13D7 and P13D9 always show up on start. I clear them, they stay cleared.

I replaced the glow plug / pressure sender unit which I thought to be the culprit, now with fuel piling up around the areas you see in the pics, I think my pressure issues are actually due to cold starts and this inital pressure reading that is out of spec until either #1 heat or #2 diesel fuel sort of take up that air gap; I am just spit-balling.

Anyways, since I do have fuel leaking, and it's not dripping from my hard lines that run from the CP2 to the injectors, I know I have to get the seals replaced since VW wasn't smart enough to making a gee-dang metal conical seeat there it would seem...

Has anyone done this, or should I just take it to the dealer? Keep in mind I basically do all my own work except for where I'd be working harder, not smarter, and that my dealership's prices meet my expectations (aka it's not pricey when you consider the proper methods, tools and techs used versus the fact that they have to make money too)

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
If you suspect you have fuel leaking from the injector return line seals, you can pull the center circle up, then tug the whole thing off each injector (by hand). I recently replaced all my copper injector gaskets because combustion gasses were getting past the seals on my Q5 TDI. On the injector, you can replace the little tiny o-rings easily and cheaply.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts