VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI (CJAA). I recently changed the timing belt and found there are two methods. One suggests the removal of the engine mount and the other does not.

When changing the timing belt in this car without removing the engine mount there is very limited space to properly torque the timing belt tensioner. Here is a tool set up that I found that work well. I used the 3/8 In. 40 - 200 In. Lb. Professional Compact Torque Wrench from Harbor Freight along with a 15MM 3/8 in. Drive Metric Crowfoot Flare Nut Wrench. This combo worked great and I had plenty of room to properly tighten the Tensioner.

Here are links to these tools:
Compact Torque Wrench: 3/8 in. 40 - 200 in. lb. Professional Compact Torque Wrench

Crows foot flare nut wrench:

I hope this helps others in the community.

·
Super Moderator
9,466 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts