VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have changed the came, timing belt water pump etc but it will not start ... I might try turning it ovr for much longer and see if that purges the air through.

I disconnected the fuels lines at the filter .. .theres no fuels on the return or the sending line, even if I turn the ignition on or turn the engine, should there be fuel coming out of the feed line when the ignition is on? I did try sucking on the pipe, its as if a valve is blocking it, but nothing comes though ...

I do not hear the pump at the tank when I turn the key, is the pump located near the tank, it there a fuse for it, I saw in the manual only fuses for the gasoline version.

I did (I hope) undo the bleed at the return of the tandem pump (Its a 6mm on this) that is between the two 5mm mounting bolts, a few drops came out but not much ... how should I bleed this, should I just drain it, or turn the engine a few times until fuel comes out ...

I a at a bit of a loss, wondered if there is a better (aimed at idiots) guide for bleeding / purging the tandem pump after a tear down to replace the came etc ...

I will continue reading through the posts and 1000q's .. All advice gratefully received ..... Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi

I answered my own question from studying the forums and 1000q's. I removed the bleed screw from the return to fuel filter / cooler on the Tandem fuel pump, there was a dribble of fuel ... I turned the engine over over few times and just as it was thinking of taking I turned it off. Reconnected the bleed screw, checked all fuel lines, and it started first time.

Thanks to all for help and the excellent 1000q's ... Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts