VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change the timing belt on my brothers PD engine (WV Sharan-01). Since I haven’t done this operation before I've used the internet to find out some detailed information about how the work shall be done. People who wrights in these forums seem to have a rather good knowledge about TDIs so I joined as member here. Perhaps I could've found some instructions in Swedish (I come from Sweden) but this is the best page I've visited so far so I'll stick to this.

Best regards
Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I guess most of you haning here in this forum are very familliar with this operation so I can sureley use a good tip or two.

Best regards
Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've found all the necessary information I need the FAQ section. But it describes the work on a Golf. If anyone's got some specific Sharan tip I'd be grateful but it's absolutely not necessary because the instructions sort out all the big questions.

Best regards
Dan

·
Super Moderator
9,094 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan.
I'm going to change the timing belt on my brothers PD engine (WV Sharan-01).
It will depend on the engine code. The AUY 115bhp <2002 was fitted with an hydraulic tensioner.

Vent5 said:
Does it have a SOHC engine or DOHC?
All Sharan's are single cam engines.

As I said on the other http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f23/timing-belt-changing-3146/ topic it doesn't post very good on here so you would have to PM me with your email address. ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
i want to get more info on this subject as it only shows half of it.I hope I can get the other half.
Each half clearly says where you go to view the other half and how to view it. You are blocked access for 24 hours. Please read the forum rules. It says to NOT post that you are here only to view the exclusive section content.

If you have nothing else to say, just post an introduction.

If you feel the forum is having problems, or cannot figure out how to view the content, please post in the forum suggestions or corrections section because that will also count as 1 post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts