VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL is on and the computer reads an issue with the exhaust pressure control valve. I was quoted $628 for parts and labor to fix. Is that a legitimate price? Seems steep for a valve. If I do not replace it right away will anything negative happen other than my cat converter will not heat up as fast?

Thanks for the anticipate advice!

·
Registered
1 Posts
that valve is for EGR system function, located on and try spraying the spring w/lube, may be rusted up. IMHO, poor design to have a spring where it can get corroded.
Hey man the link wont come up. What exactly was that article saying? I'm having the same problem right now. I have a PO48E code.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

VAG Error Code: 5929/001166

EOBD II Error Code: P048E

Fault Location:
Exhaust Gas Pressure Control Valve Position Sensor/Switch - Circuit High/Short Circuit to Positive

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Wiring/Connector(s) short to positive.
Exhaust gas pressure control valve position sensor.
Engine Control Module (ECM).

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
Position sensor signal > 4.85 V.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

1 - 4 of 4 Posts