VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all in this great forun lookin for help on my 2000 tdi alh beetle she broke the tbelt ? oil in timing cover belt walked toward engine and finaly broke tentioner has broken flange one side . found a tbelt kit by continental ? 155.00 any help appreciated pete.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

i pulled head all lifters mushroomed but only 3 valved seem to be bent all are intake if i replace these 3 valves and lifters she may be good ??pete

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
found a tbelt kit by continental ? 155.00
Conti-tech is one of the manufacturers of the VW-supplied belts, but that price is too low for a complete timing belt kit... You'll need to replace the belt(s), tensioner (Litens brand only), 3 idlers, water pump, and a bunch of so-called "stretch" bolts... As well, in your case, in addition to new lifters (it's a good idea to replace the camshaft at the same time) and valves, you'll need a head gasket and new bolts... As for evaluating the cylinder head... give Frank Irving a call - if only for advice... no-one knows these cylinder heads better than him...

Good luck,

Yuri

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
The listing states that "This kit will update our car to the 60K timing belt replacement change"

The current timing belt systems are rated at 100,000 miles...

They don't tell you what brand tensioner or rollers are provided, and they don't include the "stretch" bolts - not even the super-critical one for the large idler...

You know the old saying that if something's too good to be true...

You still haven't clarified whether or not your current belt is actually broken... If it is, get all your parts from Frank Irving... If it's not broken and you're simply doing a timing belt job, please buy the parts from one of the well-known sellers like metalmanparts.com idparts.com boraparts.com dieselgeek.com worldimpex.com...

Yuri

1 - 6 of 6 Posts