VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching high and low for a speaker colour wiring diagram for a 2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI with the 6 speaker RCD310 cd/radio (Front Pillar Tweeters). I've got my component speakers coming in a few weeks and I'm worried that I won't be able to figure out the positive and negative wires of the harness once it arrives.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

You can google it wiring diagrams or find someone with ElsaWin.

Or join and pay https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do for a day to save any diagrams as a PDF file.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

I download a PDF file but I can't remember the link I had it from.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
I searched the forum I had it from but nothing useful showed. I google it mk6 golf gti wiring components pdf and its the first one in the list.

MK6 Golf/GTI Wiring Diagrams & Component Locations

You don't need to join that forum you can still save the 1165 page PDF file.

I could have sworn I've posted the link in here before I did a search nothing shows. I searched TDI Wiki and nothing useful shows.

I will add the link to Fuse & Relay PDF Files so I know where it is on this site. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the first post mistake, I was starting to get worried because I've ordered the speakers and the installation is not exactly the most straight forward I've ever done. My plan is to shoot pictures of every step, then share on this forum.

I found that GTI wiring diagram yesterday but was not sure if it applied to my car. I stripped out the speaker diagrams pages from the pdf (see attachment).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
A Golf VI (production end 2012) and a Jetta MY2014 should be two different things. If the speakers are sold fitting to your car, the set should include the harness.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Sorry about the first post mistake, I was starting to get worried because I've ordered the speakers and the installation is not exactly the most straight forward I've ever done. My plan is to shoot pictures of every step, then share on this forum.

I found that GTI wiring diagram yesterday but was not sure if it applied to my car. I stripped out the speaker diagrams pages from the pdf (see attachment).
I said post your log file not a PDF from the site as I have that already? That shows RCD 310 the same as mine.

VAG Error Code: 00873

Fault Location:
Bass Speaker: Rear Right (R17) - Electrical Fault in Circuit/Open Circuit/Short Circuit to Positive

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Bass Speaker Rear Right (R17) faulty.
Check resistance of no output speaker and compare it with a speaker that works.
Speaker resistance can vary between 1, 2, 4 & 8 Ohms.
Bass Speaker Rear Right (R17) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Bass Speaker Rear Right (R17).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
Perform Output Test.
Check/Replace Bass Speaker Rear Right (R17).

VAG Error Code: 00876

Fault Location:
Treble Speaker: Rear Left (R14) - Open Circuit/Short Circuit to Earth

Possible Cause:
Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s).
Treble Speaker: Rear Left (R14).

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Perform Output Test.
Check/Replace Treble Speaker: Rear Left (R14).

VAG Error Code: 00872

Fault Location:
Bass Speaker: Rear Left (R15) - Electrical Fault in Circuit/Open Circuit/Short Circuit to Positive

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Bass Speaker: Rear Left (R15) faulty.
Bass Speaker: Rear Left (R15) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Bass Speaker: Rear Left (R15).
Perform Output Test.
Check/Replace Bass Speaker: Rear Left (R15).

Amplifier (R12) under driver seat

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Golf VI (production end 2012) and a Jetta MY2014 should be two different things. If the speakers are sold fitting to your car, the set should include the harness.
The speakers fit the car but I need to cut the harness to wire the crossover. The speakers I choose play very nice with low power factory stereos.

Infinity Reference REF-5020cx 5-1/4" component speaker system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts