VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the site to gain access to the how to on the timing belt change for an '06 Jetta TDI. I am a long time VW owner (since the 70's) and have had several VW diesels over the years. I started a used car business about six years ago under the name, Vee Dub Motors. I try to keep a few diesels on hand, but they are hard to find. Unlike most car dealers, I do all the needed maintenance before I sell a car. That means, I do quite a few timing belts. My last one was an early '05 Jetta with the PD engine. That was a few years ago, so I wanted to refresh my memory on the job. As I recall, it was easier than the prior VW version. I sort of maintain a website at www.VWupdate.com. Unfortunately, I don't have time to enhance it. I published a newsletter for the EuroVan for over 10 years and tried to do the same for the New Beetle. I finally settled on VWupdate, but subscriptions dwindled as the internet took over with sites such as this one. Not complaining, but I think an edited newsletter is much more reliable than the posts on enthusiast sites, but everyone likes "free"!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! FYI, the PD engines are having problems with the camshafts, you may want to check it out before starting the TB change.

I agree, forums can not be as reliable which is why I condense a lot of information into the FAQ section for easy reading and reliable info. The amount of info from a forum is just much greater than 1 person can give or handle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts