VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I just wanted to put a bit of info out there. I was recently cruising through town at about 25 MPH, steady on the throttle when the car started to buck a bit like I was modulating the throttle in a low gear. About 5 seconds later the TPMS sensor went off and the bucking stopped immediately. I did indeed have a nail in the tire (6 psi lower than baseline). I have since put 1000 miles on the car and haven't had a repeat of the event.
So knowing that TPMS in working through TC and measuring tire rotation/geometry it seems like this could be a spooky symptom that really is a precurser to a TPMS light. V/r, Matt

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Whether this is just a coincidence but the TPMS should effect the engine running in either way its only a warning of pressure differences in the tyres.

I think there were bugs with the direct TPMS (were you have pressure sensors in each wheel) which a software update is supposed to fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it might have been 'just a coincidence'. The bucking may have been from the DSG looking for a gear (assuming you have the DSG. I have had the same "bucking" experience and have figured it out as the DSG doing it's thing.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mert. welcometomyturbodies

As I've said its just a coincidence if the engine stumbled as the TPMS light came on. As you say you found a nail in the tyre but the light won't come on instantly the nail goes it. The pressure needs to drop by about 3psi before the light comes on, well it does on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts