VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Administrator
80 Posts
Cricket explained a few posts up that the wiki needs to be rebuilt onto this platform. I am not on the development team, I would not immediately be able to answer any specifics or provide an ETA since there isn't one at this time. The data still exists its just not readable in the same format it was at this time. Anything more I can personally only inquire about. As soon as I can get a better answer I can let you know.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Maybe the development team should have sorted this all out before you guys effectively ruined the site.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Bobby, make sure you fill out their survey! Not that it does anything but I think it’s what their higher ups use to check their progress or something.

Dave, I think we all fully agree. This is so stupid, such a waste of so many people’s time.

I’m sure you guys would say it’s on the new forum/design so you can “have more control”, you obviously don’t! It’s taken two months now to get even close to fixing what you fucked up! You talk to us like we’re stupid, avoid questions, avoid admitting fault, this is all so stupid.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Blink if you’re in danger, Jeff. It seems like you’re not really responding to our criticism.

·
Super Moderator
9,151 Posts
Heya guys, the Wiki is up here and we will work on reformatting and restoring the links in threads in 2020.

As I've said before that link shows nothing useful. You could read each page with pictures on the old TDI Wiki.

Thant one just shows text cramped togetther. There is still no link on the main forum.

There is another bug on the only forum which is the same on this new one.

You have to right click on the link and open in a new tab.

Any HTML links open on the same page yet other external link show on a new tab, that is what we need on here.

·
Administrator
80 Posts
Correct, you guys asked for the data and we got ti up quickly for you and this is the best formatting we could get up quickly.

That is what we have for now and will be looking at better formatting at a later point. The links to the old wiki in the threads will be broken for now and this wiki is what would provide for you at this time.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
But the development team will be working on it in 2020. So maybe by 2021, if anyone is left here, it might be working

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Obviously they are being paid by Ford to kill this forum so we will all end up ditching our VW, and buying a Ford instead. The company owns other vehicle enthusiast websites. No wait, VW is paying them to kill the site because new vehicle sales are down. NO wait.... there is a shortage of people with common sense.... No wait....

All kidding aside, I agree, they have effectively killed the usefulness of this forum. I keep checking the FAQ every few months and it's really a joke that it hasn't been fixed by now. A 12 year old could have figured out how to reformat data and import into a new site by now. Geez, even a rooky web developer or 4 month College intern could have fixed it by now.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Obviously they are being paid by Ford to kill this forum so we will all end up ditching our VW, and buying a Ford instead. The company owns other vehicle enthusiast websites. No wait, VW is paying them to kill the site because new vehicle sales are down. NO wait.... there is a shortage of people with common sense.... No wait....

All kidding aside, I agree, they have effectively killed the usefulness of this forum. I keep checking the FAQ every few months and it's really a joke that it hasn't been fixed by now. A 12 year old could have figured out how to reformat data and import into a new site by now. Geez, even a rooky web developer or 4 month College intern could have fixed it by now.
They should have tried the change offline and looked at what issues they were gonna have and fixed them BEFORE going online with it. They should have involved the Moderators in the process. The way this has been rolled out is one of the most idiotic things I have seen in a very long time.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts

Agreed! I do not understand why VerticalScope chose to do this, they could have literally done nothing and it would have run on autopilot for a while. As it stands, they nuked everything about the forum that mattered and support is off sucking each other off or something - just don't care about us at all.

Does anyone know why the **** chitty did something this shitty?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Yea chitty explained exactly why he did it before he did it. All you have to do is read his post. Once again he didn't do anything wrong and you should probably do a little research before making ignorant comments like that

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
OK, so I deleted my previous cynical post because I see there HAS been some progress in the VW FAQ pages.
Many of the pages are back up again, some are still missing, but at least there has been some progress.

So THANK YOU for that, whoever you are working on it.

Let's get those FAQ pages back so we don't have to keep reinventing the wheel in the forum sections. Many forum questions can be answered by referring to the FAQ.

Any additional useful information can also be added to the FAQ or referenced in the FAQ for further reading in the forums.

Maybe we'll slowly get there again. So I have hope.

Many of us here, if we could afford to pay VW $3000 to fix a car not worth more than $3000 on the market, we would not need to be here. I wish someone had explained that to me before I bought mine.

So thanks again for getting some of the FAQ back up again. My previous cynical comments are a direct result of the FAQ going down when I was in the middle of a repair and my car was (and still is) in pieces.

·
Administrator
80 Posts
Note,

The links in threads and previous bookmarks should start to redirect to the updated wiki content homepage very soon after some meetings today.

Jeff M

101 - 115 of 115 Posts