VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Administrator
84 Posts
Hello all.

We are still working on getting those restored, no ETA at this time but the data is not lost.

Once we have an update we will let you all know.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Hope these smooth-brains at corporate realize community forums are not a profitable enterprise. There is absolutely no reason Dave, Jeff, and the others at VerticalScope should be making decisions about this website. There is no reason the wiki and write up sections should have so many continuing problems.

Hopefully, before they go bankrupt, we can get out of this terrible platform. All of this will be gone when they realize the investors pockets are not infinitely deep.

·
Super Moderator
9,384 Posts
These have been up for about two weeks now here:
https://www.myturbodiesel.com/pages/tdi-wiki/
Yes but they show nothing useful, everything is on the same page. Each link should show that page or multiple pages As I've said we need a link on the main page as it was before. TDI Wiki you could Google search each link showed on a new page.

There is another cockup with the updates it now shows half a blue picture over every poster you can't see their name on IE11. Firefox shows as normal even though its crap.

Don't say post a screendump as you asked over to big quote/like pictures.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Yes but they show nothing useful, everything is on the same page. Each link should show that page or multiple pages
I just use Ctrl-F and find stuff easily enough. I found the last page of writeups which continues some articles to "Premium Pages (at least for the BRM cam job) over in either
or

·
Super Moderator
9,384 Posts
I just use Ctrl-F and find stuff easily enough. I found the last page of writeups which continues some articles to "Premium Pages (at least for the BRM cam job) over in either
CTRL+F is a normal web page search, so that isn't much use. TDI Wiki had a Google search each link opened in a new page.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
CTRL+F is a normal web page search, so that isn't much use. TDI Wiki had a Google search each link opened in a new page.
Crtl-F doesn't narrow down the item for you? There's really not THAT much stuff on there. What are you looking for that you can't find? Maybe I can find it for you.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Just shot a message to AG-Admin to try and restore my premium status and I’m hoping that will give me access again to the premium section linked above by zootsuit7 (getting an “oops” error right now). Is the article for BRM camshaft replacement up right now or is it still missing? Trying to knock it out on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
9,384 Posts
Web browser choice is personal. I've always used IE on every computer because I like the layout and functions. I have Firefox as a backup on both computers. Firefox isn't that good because I don't know if there is some copyright on using favorites as they use bookmarks. You can't find were they are located. Not listed in C:\ProgramData or C:\Program Files even though the folders show.

There is 2 annoying problems with IE11. It will show a web page perfectly then it says its stopped responding recover the page.

Stop using scripts, I have it disabled in Internet Options but it still shows this.

M$ have been making Internet Explorer from Windows 95 operating system. If they can't sort out the bugs in IE who the hell can.

Every other forum I use IE11 works perfectly but this one, explain that?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Just shot a message to AG-Admin to try and restore my premium status and I’m hoping that will give me access again to the premium section linked above by zootsuit7 (getting an “oops” error right now). Is the article for BRM camshaft replacement up right now or is it still missing? Trying to knock it out on Monday.
The article is there but none of the photos/illustrations are there so I am not sure how much help it will be for you right now. Its text only at the moment

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
The article is there but none of the photos/illustrations are there so I am not sure how much help it will be for you right now. Its text only at the moment
Ah, nice... I can roll with what I’ve got then. Hopefully they figure this all out soon.. This site has been a lifesaver for my clunker multiple times.

·
Administrator
84 Posts
Your account status should be sorted out now.
-Philip

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please tell your web team to set up some proper redirects. The WIKI going offline is really, really poor. You have hundreds of thousands of potential traffic dead ending in "oops" not found pages. Someone should be fired over this as it is a lot of lost revenue for VS/AutoGuide.

·
Administrator
84 Posts
Please tell your web team to set up some proper redirects. The WIKI going offline is really, really poor. You have hundreds of thousands of potential traffic dead ending in "oops" not found pages. Someone should be fired over this as it is a lot of lost revenue for VS/AutoGuide.
This isn't about redirects. The WIKI has to be rebuilt in order to be used on this platform. This has already been reported to the team but I do not have an ETA on when it can be resolved.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Jokila, I too have volunteered my services, they don't seem to be interested. I called their company for weeks trying to talk to a single person, and got absolutely nothing. It seems like they don't particularly care for cars, much less Volkswagens, much less diesel Volkswagens - it's impossible to get through to people with such smooooooth brains.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts