VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I too am not happy. It didn’t even save my old user name as it says it cannot find it. I paid the money to be able to access and now poof. Gone.

·
Super Moderator
8,991 Posts
You say there are PDF files in TDI Wiki I've never seen any you can save.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Its nothing to do with me its the admin that installed this crap new site.
You're one of the four mods of this site, I don't care who did it you're responsible, as are the other mods.

Any more news? Any more information? We're all still waiting - at this point I'm worried this site will just die. There's legitimately no purpose without the wiki, without all the information on how to do things.

How is this site currently hosted, and how was it hosted before?

Where is the wiki information, which you claim still exists. Where is the physical server, hard drive, or flash drive which holds the wiki, and what is so fucking difficult about getting to it.

Plenty of us would be more than happy to help, are still here. Still waiting, for you moderators to do something about this.

Being lazy fucks who just say it's not your fault is idiotic, refund everyone if it's really gone.

·
Administrator
60 Posts
I too am not happy. It didn’t even save my old user name as it says it cannot find it. I paid the money to be able to access and now poof. Gone.
Can you message us your old user name and email and we can restore the account access or can you reset the password?

Forgot Password »
Step 1: To initiate a password reset, go to the home page and click the "Login / Register” link in the upper right.

Step 2:. On the login dialog, click the 'Forgot your password?' link on the login screen and enter either your Username, or your email address.

Step 3: You will be sent an email to your email address of record, with a link to click to reset your password to a value of your choosing. Nothing happens until you go to that link and submit your revised password.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
60 Posts
You're one of the four mods of this site, I don't care who did it you're responsible, as are the other mods.

Any more news? Any more information? We're all still waiting - at this point I'm worried this site will just die. There's legitimately no purpose without the wiki, without all the information on how to do things.

Where is the wiki information, which you claim still exists. Where is the physical server, hard drive, or flash drive which holds the wiki, and what is so fucking difficult about getting to it.

Plenty of us would be more than happy to help, are still here. Still waiting, for you moderators to do something about this.

Being lazy fucks who just say it's not your fault is idiotic, refund everyone if it's really gone.
It will be a few weeks before the Tech/Wiki data is restored.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
143 Posts

Actually you couldn't be more incorrect about the mods being responsible. Chitty sold the site a couple years ago and it's been Keith keeping it alive for the most part along with a little help from YMZ from time to time- the other two are non existent.

The new owners have had little to no contact with the current mods and even though I find Keith's personality irritating at times I know he's been doing the best he can and you are wrong in your assessment. He's been doing all he can but when the new owners don't even respond to him what else is he supposed to do? The only warning that was given was the format of the site was going to change- not that the premium content was going to dump and all the links would be dead.

So please direct your anger where it's warranted. Otherwise you just come across as angry at the world and nobody wants to help angry people.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
It's like pulling teeth, getting anything out of you guys! I'm sorry to hear all that - nobody on this site knows any of that. It's not our fault you don't explain yourselves, I've been for a month messaging you and all the mods trying to figure out what happened, it's not my fault you don't explain the situation.

Could you put me in contact with the new owners in some way? There's no reason you should be running the site for them if they aren't even contacting you, we need the CSV and to make a new site altogether, or something. The current state of affairs are ridiculous - let me talk to the people who profited off me, and have seemingly deleted the content I paid for.

I'm just going to keep coming back until there's a solution of some kind. You are a lazy ****, for not explaining this situation, in detail, to paying members of this community, for over a month. Even with this post, we do not have nearly the level of detail I'm sure you're aware of. Someone who cares needs to be behind the wheel.

Ridiculous! Another day, we're still waiting for what we paid for.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
It's like pulling teeth, getting anything out of you guys! I'm sorry to hear all that - nobody on this site knows any of that. It's not our fault you don't explain yourselves, I've been for a month messaging you and all the mods trying to figure out what happened, it's not my fault you don't explain the situation.

Could you put me in contact with the new owners in some way? There's no reason you should be running the site for them if they aren't even contacting you, we need the CSV and to make a new site altogether, or something. The current state of affairs are ridiculous - let me talk to the people who profited off me, and have seemingly deleted the content I paid for.

I'm just going to keep coming back until there's a solution of some kind. You are a lazy ****, for not explaining this situation, in detail, to paying members of this community, for over a month. Even with this post, we do not have nearly the level of detail I'm sure you're aware of. Someone who cares needs to be behind the wheel.

Ridiculous! Another day, we're still waiting for what we paid for.
I suggest a flies and honey approach. Chances are you are hearing crickets because of your approach and IMO you owe Keith and YMZ an apology. In your 5 months here the answers to some of your questions have been talked about at length and yes there are plenty of members here that know so really it's on you if you can't take a little time to read through forums before blasting the wrong people.

Everyone gets it- you're angry. But you aren't the only one. If you need to contact the owners pretty much every website in existence has a "contact" link at the bottom of the page. If you want your money back I would contact the issuer of the card you used to pay for your membership and dispute the charge. But constantly cursing people out and making demands without taking a little time to educate yourself on what's happened isn't going to get you very far.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I don't feel bad for complaining, I don't plan on apologizing to anyone. Frankly the mods need to apologize to everyone on the site, and especially to everyone who paid for access. You, YMZ, and Keith, didn't explain the situation, don't plan on fixing it, don't apologies, don't answer questions, why am I, a normal user of the site, held to standards which nobody meets?

Maybe put something on the front page, so we don't have to go digging around to find out we're fucked.

You cannot dispute charges that are months old, again showing how little you seem to care about those of us who paid, and the state of the site as a whole.

I don't understand how anyone but moderators of a website, are responsible for the state of that site. You signed up to moderate - they signed up to make money.

It's really unfortunate that Chitty set the whole thing up the way he did, and that everything is starting to fall apart without him.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I don't feel bad for complaining, I don't plan on apologizing to anyone. Frankly the mods need to apologize to everyone on the site, and especially to everyone who paid for access. You, YMZ, and Keith, didn't explain the situation, don't plan on fixing it, don't apologies, don't answer questions, why am I, a normal user of the site, held to standards which nobody meets?

Maybe put something on the front page, so we don't have to go digging around to find out we're fucked.

You cannot dispute charges that are months old, again showing how little you seem to care about those of us who paid, and the state of the site as a whole.

I don't understand how anyone but moderators of a website, are responsible for the state of that site. You signed up to moderate - they signed up to make money.

It's really unfortunate that Chitty set the whole thing up the way he did, and that everything is starting to fall apart without him.
I'm not a moderator. I'm done trying to help you.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
That was trying to help??

Apologies to you, my anger is with mods not other members. On hold with Verticalscope right now, I'll post any updates.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Well? Imagine my surprise when I logged in this morning and everything is still the same. I figured your calling them would straighten everything out.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
There's no excuse for this. I just realized that the old gear ratio calculator is also gone. I've lost all faith in the new owners of this site, and I don't plan to ever trust them enough to give them any money. Just browsing this site gives them money, so I'll refrain from browsing this site from now on. Way to alienate your existing user base...

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
There's no excuse for this. I just realized that the old gear ratio calculator is also gone. I've lost all faith in the new owners of this site, and I don't plan to ever trust them enough to give them any money. Just browsing this site gives them money, so I'll refrain from browsing this site from now on. Way to alienate your existing user base...
I still have a little hope but it's fading by the day. Certainly an extremely poor choice and lapse of judgement on their part. It's essentially rendered this site useless until/unless it's fixed and they are going at a snails pace.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Blast the owners and administrators all you want, they did this. If you did not know the moderators did not own this site then you either did not want to know or just stuck your head in the ground - it has been a sore point since Chitty sold the site (and yes, some of us have been around that long).

This upgrade has been an IT disaster, someone should do a case study on this as the example of how NOT to do a system upgrade.

If you have a car problem, post to your forum and hopefully someone who has had that problem may have the answer for you. I know (as an MKV owner), I have tried to help other MKV owners who have had questions which are normally available as part of the wikis, including documents I have saved off for a rainy day. This is a time when we, as a community of TDI enthusiasts, can step up help one another.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Blast the owners and administrators all you want, they did this. If you did not know the moderators did not own this site then you either did not want to know or just stuck your head in the ground - it has been a sore point since Chitty sold the site (and yes, some of us have been around that long).

This upgrade has been an IT disaster, someone should do a case study on this as the example of how NOT to do a system upgrade.

If you have a car problem, post to your forum and hopefully someone who has had that problem may have the answer for you. I know (as an MKV owner), I have tried to help other MKV owners who have had questions which are normally available as part of the wikis, including documents I have saved off for a rainy day. This is a time when we, as a community of TDI enthusiasts, can step up help one another.
But we've got new navigation icons....so there's that

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I still have a little hope but it's fading by the day. Certainly an extremely poor choice and lapse of judgement on their part. It's essentially rendered this site useless until/unless it's fixed and they are going at a snails pace.
The worst part is, a temporary solution is dead simple. Restore a copy of the old site to archive.myturbodiesel.com then make it read-only. Voila, problem solved. Then there's a quick and easy answer for every user that has this complaint between now and when the content is updated for the new format. But apparently that's too advanced for these devs 🙄

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
My point exactly - both the mods and new owners seem to not care at all. I will continue to blast them, because they’re absolute numbskulls. I did call them - they haven’t returned my call, or emails, or messages yet, and I will continue to call them until I reach someone.

Restore an archive, OR give us the CSV with all the data! I cannot understand the laziness, absolute apathy of the mods, owners, and a lot of this user base. Why a I the bad guy for complaining? They fucked up!

like GoremanX said - dead fucking simple.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
You do realize the mods don't have access to any of that right? Just the admin. So blast the mods all you want- they aren't the ones looking like fools when you do

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Again, mods are in charge of running the community. They aren’t putting up a fuss about the wiki being down - they’re apathetic to the fact we paid money, and it’s gone.

They might not be able to do it, but they can complain too. They can put up a fuss with the admin/owners.

This company, veriscope, is bad. Had a huge data breach a few years ago, they own community sites for Jeep, Subaru, and a bunch of other types of community sites. Their phone tree does not accommodate users, only advertisers and ‘customers.’

I don’t know what else to do but keep coming back to complain, calling, emailing, etc. Don’t mind looking like a fool - I just want what I paid for. It’s pretty simple!

Dave? More like Uncle Tom.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts