VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just took delivery of my 2011 Golf TDI yesterday after waiting almost 6 months(!). I went to pair my phone with the car and that worked seamlessly. Then I went to crank some tunes over bluetooth audio and...nothing. I checked under the system settings and the option has a check next to it. I noticed that when I pair my phone with the car it ever-so-briefly shows being connected and then displays "Bluetooth headset disconnected". The display on the dash shows an icon that kind of looks like an iPod, so I'm guessing it *thinks* I can stream audio. I was able to successfully pair and stream on a 2010 Golf with no issues. Any thoughts on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not sure why this is happening to your phone and Bluetoth module. Do you have the overhead Bluetooth buttons?

Post pics of your new ride :) and congrats!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup...they're there. I used the "bluetooth" button to make the car visible to my phone a couple times. It's just frustrating. Ugh. But anyway...thanks :) It was a long time in the coming, and so worth it.

Hopefully these pictures post properly (it's blue graphite metallic)...

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
If you turn on the car and don't move, I believe you should see the headlights do a little dance. They move side-side up-down to self calibrate. Can you confirm?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you turn on the car and don't move, I believe you should see the headlights do a little dance. They move side-side up-down to self calibrate. Can you confirm?
Well, I don't notice a side-to-side movement, but there is definitely an up-down one...almost like it's looking things over. It's funny looking if you're next to a wall. :)

As a "side"...since my original question/problem was about bluetooth...I did a bit more exploring on my own. I had another phone I thought I would try since they're both Android based. I paired it with the car and low-and-behold, it did everything it is supposed to do...right down to downloading my address book.

Another thing I guess I overlooked was that while my phone "pairs" with the car it won't do anything. I can't even recieve incoming calls. The two phones I've tried are an HTC EVO (came from Sprint pre-updated and doesn't work) and an HTC Hero running 2.1 (I updated it to 2.1 and does work).

I guess what is really frustrating is that it (the EVO) worked fine for the most part on the 2010 model. Ugh. I love technology...but I love it more when it works properly.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
... The two phones I've tried are an HTC EVO (came from Sprint pre-updated and doesn't work) and an HTC Hero running 2.1 (I updated it to 2.1 and does work).

I guess what is really frustrating is that it (the EVO) worked fine for the most part on the 2010 model. Ugh. I love technology...but I love it more when it works properly.
Thanks for the info on your HTCs and your Golf(s).

I have been following HTC bluetooth issues on the web.
I wish you knew if the HTC Incredible was successful or not with a '10
I'm thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So...another quick update: the Froyo 2.2 update to the EVO has fixed the problem with Bluetooth. All functions are working properly. I'm also betting that any phone that can get the 2.2 upgrade will work with other years and models...but I haven't had a chance to try it out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a customer who had one of the new HTC smart phones on the Sprint network. We found that he had to clear his recent calls the first time for his contacts and calls to finally transfer. I do not have confirmation on whether this fixes the problem for future use yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts