VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
:eek2:

Not veg oil, you're thinking of biodiesel, the miracle fluid. It's gear oil, brake fluid, headlight lubricant, manual transmission gear oil, seat oil, and fuel all-in-one!

J

·
0 Posts
I think you mean, convert a car that uses an auto tran to run on veggie oil. Yes, both manual and auto trans cars can be converted to run on veggie oil. I would personally choose to run biodiesel since it's a better fuel.

The transmission itself must use the correct lubricant, the manuals use gear oil, the autos use auto transmission fluid.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Not veg oil, you're thinking of biodiesel, the miracle fluid. It's gear oil, brake fluid, headlight lubricant, manual transmission gear oil, seat oil, and fuel all-in-one!
:lock:

Lol, right.

Who told you that? Both manual and automatic transmission TDI can be converted to use veg-oil. Many people run into serious problems using veg-oil, if I were you, I would look into biodiesel, see the FAQ section at the top for some introduction to biodiesel information.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Biodiesel is too watery, you can only use bacon fat to properly pack the exhaust bearings.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
IMHO, veg oil is just too thick for a TDI, even when heated. There are too many reports of problems that I would not convert a TDI to veggie. It' not a Mercedes, it's not a diesel truck, it's a light duty VW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts