·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Great to see you found it useful.

I don't have a similar tutorial but here are some tips: First make sure each injector is seated.
Check the alignment of each injectors so that it's perpendicular to the camshaft and not twisted. 1, 2, 3, 4 should be 333.0mm, 245.0mm, 153.6mm, and 65.6mm from the edge of the head.
Use a dial gauge to measure the highest point of each injector cam, which will be the lowest point of the bolt.
Turn the adjustment screw back 5/8 of a turn from the stop.
Counterhold the adjustment screw and tighten the lock nut to 22 ft-lb or 30 Nm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the replay, chittychittybangbang!

I'm wandering... Is there any method in VAG-COM to see, if the injectors in fact needs to be re-set? Can this be seen from channel 13 in measuring block?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English... It's not my first language! :D:D

Best regards,

Karl

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
You could try measuring blocks, injector stabilization but I'm not sure if this would directly show the need to reset the injectors because it also measures injector function. While you can probably view each injector timing in VCDS/VAG-COM, the camshaft rocker function is purely mechanical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello again!

Today I did a PD re-set as suggested and set the timing on the camshaft. Torsion value is between 0 and 0.5.
But still my problem remain unsolved: the car has very limited power (between 1000 - 1600 rpm) till turbo is activated. From 2000 beyond I believe there is no power problem.

The question is: What could be wrong. Why there is no power below 1600 rpms?

Thanks in advance,

Karl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts