VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

To bring everyone up to speed my original intro was "new member in AZ" last week.
Well I am finished with the timing belt tear down for my replacement. I have inspected my camshaft and found wear like that pictured in the lobe inspection forum / instructions. First of all, the disassembly was made simple by the step by step instructions. I commented to my father that my kids have Lego sets that are harder to understand. Now the question, I am ready to pull the camshaft and I have the counter holder T10051 but the T10052 is on back order through Snap on. Does anyone know of a generic alternative? Or possibly the thread specs so I can alter another puller? Any help would be appreciated. I will post photos of the damaged camshaft when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I can rent it, PM sent. There are no generic alternatives because of the way the bolt shoulder area sticks out on the pulley. A generic flywheel holder or something like that won't work and you don't want to damage the threads on the pulley either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After removal of the lifters, I noted wear beneath on the exhaust valve # 1. What is permissible wear if any? Do I need to pull the head and replace the valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts