VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Jetta TDI BEW engine with a bad camshaft. question is are there known problems with any of the aftermarket cams out there?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There is a well known parts seller in NC who sells total junk. I don't care where parts are made as long as they are quality parts. However, I honestly believe his cheap parts have caused more monetary damage to his customers than savings. 10 customers might save a hundred bucks on cheaper parts but that 1 who gets $3000 in engine damage wipes out any good that the other guys got. Businesses which sell bad parts are only responsible for replacing those bad parts, not fixing everything that has been damaged. Sure you could sue but you'll lose in the long run even if you win. Unfortunately, there are always new suckers to come along and buy his parts. Fool me once...can't get fooled again. And yes I speak from personal experience, in my case that business basically stole my money. So they just don't sell junk, they are also theives.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
A huge case of 'buyer beware'...in this case they are a little cheaper, operate under a number of banners and say all the right things....maybe post up who you are thinking of buying from and see what comments, private and otherwise come forth.

How urgent is your cam replacement?

I am watching results with replacement cams carefully as I have a similar issue to deal with (at some point)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts