VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005.5 With 146000 I visually inspected the cam and could def see wear (chamfer gone, sharp edges) however, I dont really have terrible symptoms, I also have the tale tale signs of a impending DMF faliure. I am fairly sure I could do both operations myself but Geez!!$$$ and then After that is a DSG service due that i can NOT perform myself w/o a Vag-com, and a TB change shortly there after...oh....and then there is the "emissions workshop" for the stripped gear on the intake flapper thingy, and also a turbo vane issue (i think) that puts the engine in limp mode until i turn it off and then back on (only happens like once a month) I have always prided myself for being able to keep my cars running because I diagnose and repair things on my own but this is rediculous!! Honestly.. i dont know what im posting for....just needed a place to vent. I love the car but I think its time for it to go.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
See the FAQ, there are a few ways to do the DSG service, if you drain and measure 4.5 it's a safe bet that you can just add that much back. In that case you do not need the vag-com. FYI, the timing belt is every 80,000 miles. If you can get a good value for trade in, it sounds like it's not that bad of an idea to get rid of it. The new Passat looks really nice...

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
I know how you feel. I had a 01 jetta 1.8t that i been to the shop more times then i care to think about. just before the warrenty ran i sat there and thought about all the things that needed to be replaced or fixed. I sold it to car max lol. I missed it tho. Guess thats why i bought another jetta, tdi this time. :D

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I know how you feel. I had a 01 jetta 1.8t that i been to the shop more times then i care to think about. just before the warrenty ran i sat there and thought about all the things that needed to be replaced or fixed. I sold it to car max lol. I missed it tho. Guess thats why i bought another jetta, tdi this time. :D
So you didn't learn your lesson the first time?:D:ban

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
So you didn't learn your lesson the first time?:D:ban
Not only did i not learn my lesson! But i bought 2 VW products! :bangshead
Tho i think the Jetta i got is defective. its been over a month and havn't seen a check engine light come on yet :confused: Maybe i need to give it a little longer or the bulb is burn out. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts