1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J

·
0 Posts
Diesel cars would immediately help this.

I was watching the news, and they said that the only models that comply with this standard right now are the prius and civic hybrid. If only VW's models were for sale right now...

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Well, they had 32 years since the last law, about time!

...waiting for Bush veto...

I would think that household and industrial uses put out more emissios than cars, is that right?

J

·
0 Posts
Well you could also make the argument that volcanos put out more particulates than cars...but every little bit makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
VW needs to hurry up and get these cars in. If they had been for sale now, they would have been in the news.

An odd trend that I noticed, the passat has been offered in diesel the last two years it's been for sale in that body style. Too bad too, since they are nice cars.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
The problem is that it's not easy to introduce a new engine when it's not a mainstream seller. They've treated the TDI like a secondary model and it hasn't sold big numbers partly because of supply until recently.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Some people just don't get it! I think the comments were trying to say that his mileage was very unusual. Seems normal to me.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I think a lot of it's ego. They have so much pride over their own cars that they can't imagine anyone else having anything similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts