VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I did a scan on my 2005 caddy bjb engine 1.9tdi,I replaced the turbo and also replaced the timing belt, I did a scan on vagcom which is below, when I go wide open throttle I can hear a hissing sound coming from the engine,there's no boost at all,I did a few other tests and the turbo actuator seems to hold ok,any ideas what's going on here,also when I pull the connection from the maf there's no difference from the engine.thanks all..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,978 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2008-08/2010, Model: Caddy, Engine Code: BJB, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD), 8v Timing belt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi all so today when the caddy was running , I removed the maf and there was no difference with it plugged in or not,when driving when it gets to 3000rpm it struggles then all of a sudden boost kicks in but not very much, there is Lots of black smoke just before boost kicks in,I did some logs and boost is only getting to about half of where it should be,any help appreciated...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure we're to post the mk3 caddy questions so I think this part of the forum is closest to what I have,ok I'm been having a turbo boost problem after installing a new turbo,the 1.9tdi Boggs down before 2000rpm then turbo kicks in and it's all good,now I read if I removed the vacuum hose from my actuator it might drive better,well I did this today and can't believe how much of a difference it has made,it drives like a new van,I know this is not a long term solution so can anyone who's also had this happen can they please tell how they fixed it,I believe it's to do with the stop screw on the turbo but would like to talk to someone who's had the same problem .thanks..

·
Super Moderator
8,978 Posts
Not sure we're to post the mk3 caddy questions so I think this part of the forum is closest to what I have
We don't have a Caddy sub forum, even though I've asked the new admin.

Don't make a new thread with the same problem, continue with the existing one.

Post merged.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Can anyone chip in please

It sounds like maybe the actuator rod needs a tweak if it was running fine before. Rod length might be wrong.

You could try your original actuator rod or match the length with the new one.

There is a way to set it up properly but I can't remember. Might be in the faq pages.

The procedure will be the same as the alh etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts