VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one have a problem with my caddy tdi 1.9 was hoping one of you guy's could help me i was driving to work today and i heard what i could only describe as like a low pitched tearing noise and the engine seemed to lose power also now when i drive anywhere it seems to miss or lose power for a split second then it would run fine for a while and miss again can any one help a confused volkswagen lover thanks

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
What age of caddy is it and do you know if it's a PD or non PD engine? Any smoke? Have you had a look at the big fat boost pipes for the turbo at all? It might be worth checking they aren't torn, split or have come loose at one of the connections, they go from the back of the engine (turbo) to the intercooler then up to the inlet manifold.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi seatman

the caddy is 06 i wouldnt know if its pd or not dont know much about engines have checked the pipes and they do not look damaged or lose i have only started driving it again after about 6 months of lying up could that be the problem it is more like a stutter than a loss of power also while driving to work today this tearing noise happend again so its like i can drive a certain distance with no problem then this noise and off it go's again it looks like a mechanic will have to be called

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Lads.
Having the same trouble. The problem is very intermittent, will be motoring along fine for miles then its back. It usually happens around 2k revs when i start to accelerate. The engine will start to stutter and the van will bounce back and forward then if you plant the accelerator it will truck on fine. The Van is a 09 1.9tdi caddy. Had a similar problem before with a petrol astra that turned out to be trhe egr valve anybody got any ideas if tdi's have egr or if it could be anything else. It cut out once or twice while in neutral stoped at lights, could it be a dirty injector or maybe dirty filter???
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts