VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
maybe someone can help?
My egr cooler valve only seems to partly open when vacuum applied - it opens only so far and then won't open any more. Is this normal behaviour?
Intermittently, it doesn't hold the vacuum
It's one of these:
egr-cooler.jpg

The actuator only moves this far:
egr-cooler-valve-open-actuator.jpg
should it not move further to the right (in this picture)? There's a stop on it but it only gets about 20% of what looks like the full range. By hand, I can push it all the way.

so the flap only opens this much (sorry I couldn't get a better picture):
egr-cooler-valve-open.jpg

thanks for any help,
pete

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, as I have to answer my own questions :) :
diaphragm.jpg
Took valve apart and there's a split / hole in the diaphragm. Looked like one has to buy whole cooler assembly but after about 20 hours surfing I found a man in Poland that sells them individually - expensive for what they are and expensive / slow delivery, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, it eventually came today. Reassembled now. Applying vacuum makes valve go all the way to the stop and the flap goes completely to the other side, which is reassuring.
I've not read of this before - maybe it happens to other people too (I haven't read everything of course....)
It seems quite easy to get a whole egr cooler for about 100-150€ on ebay - probably what most people do.
But ~20€ (plus 7€ delivery) for a new diaphragm seems a more sensible option and less waste - he/she seems to mainly supply to Poland & UK.
Search for "FHU ERTONS" on ebay. he/she is slow and if you want it quickly, then ring/email them just after you order it - with mine they sat on it for a week before sending it out and then it took another week. I found no other supplier.
Hope it helps someone.

·
Banned
10 Posts
I've heard Anthem ist pretty bad.
Bland objectives and bad loadtimes, on top of all microtransactions?

That said, it's only what i've heard. I don't touch EA Games any more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts