VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the cabin filter on my 2006 Beetle TDI. I thought it would be a 15 minute job but it took about 2 hours. Once I pulled the center cover and right panel off, I found the inside cavity full of old dried leaves, acorns, pine needles etc. I first vacuumed as much out as possible and then decided to remove the left side. As expected more debris. I vacuumed a lot more and then blew out the cavities with compressed air and more vacuuming. I bought the car used from a VW dealer almost two years ago but find it hard to believe the car was properly serviced prior to the sale. Pine needles and acorns are not from this area. The cabin filter was filthy.

If you haven't inspected your cabin filter lately, you might want to take a look. No telling what you might find.

bigochief

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Been there, done that lol, it was manky and after replacing I found the heater was a lot better at warming my feet.:)

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Yes, the Beetle isn't the easiest cabin filter to change thats for sure. Makes you wonder what they were thinking. I would highly doubt the cabin filter was changed by the dealer before you purchased the vehicle. As proof of the our of your region fauna.

dweisel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts