VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a few codes on my 2012 Jetta TDI. P2002, P2008, P2015, P240f ~ All of those I have a general idea of what they are and how to fix them. CODE; C0700 is one that I can't find any information about online. Does anyone know what this one is?

Thanks in advance for any advice-info.

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
C0700
OBD-II Chassis (C) Trouble Code For EngineIntake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit LowFuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit MalfunctionCold Start Injector 1 MalfunctionShift Solenoid E Performance or Stuck Off

The reason of C0700 OBD-II Engine Trouble Code is Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction.

This is out there as well also. has to do with shift solenoids...

C0700 code on vehicles with electronically controlled automatic transmissions, the 3-4 shift solenoid is responsible for actuating the hydraulic circuits to activate clutches or bands that change gears inside the automatic transmission.

Hope that gets you going in the right direction/s.

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
Those are generic OBD codes that won't tell you a lot. Honestly if you plan to keep the car and diagnose issues yourself you would be much better off investing in a VW specific scanner - VCDS - which can be purchased from Ross Tech.com. At times you can find this stuff used on the forum classifieds. With just an OBD scanner you're not seeing all the information available about your TDI systems and will have a difficult time getting your car diagnosed fully.

VCDS | Product categories | Ross-Tech

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have an appointment with the performance shop nearby, but that isn't until the 20th. I'm just trying to do a bit of research and troubleshooting on my own before I go. From what I was able to find online, C0800 is fuel too rich, a long side C0700 and all of the emissions codes I'm getting, I'm thinking just those two codes; C0700 and C0800 are related to the O2 sensor 1, bank 1. From what I have been reading is that it's pretty bad to drive around with a bad o2 sensor.

Not only do I want to know my way around my engine, but I also have a two-year-old and need to know if driving my car is going to **** the engine up. It really is a shame because I just dropped 10k on it three months ago. :ROFLMAO:.

*Edit: I cleared the codes to do a regen, and the only ones that are popping back up are P2015 and P2008. Is it possible that a bad o2 sensor can throw false codes? From my understanding is that the o2 sensor is what triggers the CEL light. I may be reaching for straws or I may be right on track...Kind of hard to tell, lol. Does it take a while for codes to be thrown again or will they come back right away if it's a true issue? Maybe I should pursue an automotive tech degree instead of going to nursing school :ROFLMAO:

I really appreciate you responding and helping me with all this. I'm def going to get that reader when I can.

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
If the problem persists then yes it will come back on. Those type of fault codes are usually not instant tho so it may take some time to see it again. Once fixed it may clear itself without a scanner but it usually takes a few cycles or x amount of miles driven.

Nursing pays a LOT better. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts