VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Make sure to mention the DSG, DMF, and clutch issues. It's not like DMFs are new so I don't know why VW has such a problem with them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
FYI, prices for the 2005 and 2006 have dropped pretty far. I remember seeing asking prices of $25,000 for low mileage and $18,000 for average cars. Why the heck would you pay for more a used car with miles on it over a new 2009? The dealer were probably on crack. I've been watching ebay and one with about 100,000 miles sold for $9000 and change. I'll bet you could get one for $15, well equipped and relatively low miles. Finally prices have come down to reasonable levels.

·
Registered
298 Posts
FYI, prices for the 2005 and 2006 have dropped pretty far. I remember seeing asking prices of $25,000 for low mileage and $18,000 for average cars. Why the heck would you pay for more a used car with miles on it over a new 2009? The dealer were probably on crack. I've been watching ebay and one with about 100,000 miles sold for $9000 and change. I'll bet you could get one for $15, well equipped and relatively low miles. Finally prices have come down to reasonable levels.
There's too much price variation by condition, options, and location. Some places are still charging high prices. IMO, don't include prices. Just go to bluebook or NADA and figure it out there.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's too much price variation by condition, options, and location. Some places are still charging high prices. IMO, don't include prices. Just go to bluebook or NADA and figure it out there.
100% right on. With new cars, knowing the invoice price is useful. When buying used cars, I don't care what you paid for it since the car has depreciated. A car isn't an investment but some sellers think their car is gold. Most cars are also commodities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts