VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the cusp of buy a Graphite Blue TDI Jetta with nav when I came across the pictures of the 2010s and the interior changes and my certainty turned to doubt.

What do you think? Are the changes worth waiting till the 2010 Jetta is available here, a minimum of 4 months?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bluetooth and a new steering wheel is about it. The nav is the same. The tax incentives are worth it IMO but the 2010 might be here before the end of the year anyways.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I've 2006 GTI MK5, so I'm used the steering wheel in the 2009s. Is the 2010 GTI Golf the only one that is getting the redesign and noise reduction?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
All 2010 Golf are getting the redesign through the new body, not just GTI Golf.

The Jetta sportwagen is getting a cosmetic update to look like mk6 cars but not the mk6 body. The Jetta sedan will still look like a mk5 and use an mk5 body.

But they are giving bluetooth and the MFSW in all. The wagon didn't have MFSW and none had bluetooth. The premium radio is also new.

These changes are explained more in detail in the article: 2010 vs 2009 TDI changes to Golf Jetta wagon and sedan. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/09_10_TDIdifferences.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking at getting the Sedan (w/nav) and I've read and watched all that is on the differences page. One of the things I wasn't sure about is weather the 2010 Jetta TDI sedan would be 20% quieter than the current model like the new Golfs will be.

I guess I was looking to get your profession opinions if it is worth waiting.

I'm not in love with the new front look on the 2010 Jetta, I like the Golf's slick look better. Still it would suck to pay retail on something that is "end of life".

·
Registered
66 Posts
One thing that doesn't make sense is this: if the Jetta is built on the same platform, why didn't it also get changed for 2010? Why make 2 sets of bumpers, parts, etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jaques, given that the 2009 TDI JSWs are now practically end of model, damn hard to get the way you want anyway and are so in demand that not much if any $ incentives are being offered , I just placed an order for a 2010 last week. I'm hoping/expecting they'll be here sooner than 4 mos, in fact I'm counting on it 'cause I need to qualify for the $4500 voucher as part of my downpayment. I want to lock it in before the deal ends in November or the $1 Billion gets used up before that

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wait for the new car. Just because it looks newer, it will hold it's value much better. The Jetta wagon gets the new face so that should help too. The Jetta sedan keeps the old face so that will hurt it in the short run. If you plan on keeping the car for 14 years it won't make much difference in the end.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wait for the new car. Just because it looks newer, it will hold it's value much better. The Jetta wagon gets the new face so that should help too. The Jetta sedan keeps the old face so that will hurt it in the short run. If you plan on keeping the car for 14 years it won't make much difference in the end.
Or buy a platform that has proven itself over the last few years! Jettas are recommended by consumer reports.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts