VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. so i can't seem to find a definitive bulb guide for the car. I've searched and I don't know if I am stupid or just blind.. i've seen references to both H1 & H7 for the 11 Jetta MK6??

I was thinking about going HID.. like I did in my last car, however I am thinking about giving the Philips CrystalVision Ultra a try... saw them on a MK6 GTI and they looked good..

Is there a bulg guide out there? Someone must have done this already?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
They are H7. You've probably heard this before but the reflector is not designed for HID and it will result in excess glare. It is illegal and blinds other drivers.

IMHO, use aftermarket projector headlight housings and stick the HID kit in there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i know about blinding others.. Ill be honest, on my last car, my halogen lights were so bright, i got flashed daily and they were not aimed to high.. i switched to HIDs.. not one flash, however I also made sure they were aimed low. As stated above, i don't think I'm going to go HID without projectors. I just hate hate hate hate the look and visibility of OEM bulbs.

I've been reading good things about Philips Crystal Vision halogen bulb and am going to give them a try.

Thanks for clarifying the lo beams.. is there a complete guide on here? if not, anyone have an external link ... in my search, I saw a photo of the VW Jetta MK6 headlights & tail lights with the bulb size next to each bulb and I can't find it again for the life of me.

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts