VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, vdub. Community! I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself I'm not a mechanic I'm a fireman EMT. I work in a plant on the Houston Ship Channel I do enjoy working on Motors just about all of them but this is my first diesel Outboards small blocks lawn mowers RC almost anything you can think of except a diesel laugh out loud. I've acquired an 06 1.9 TDI beetle when I purchased it they just said they couldn't get it to run however on further inspection they had pulled the valve cover and removed the injectors saying they thought it was a fuel issue I've since reinstall the injectors hold downs and cam lock down and put the motor back together rotated at the crank by hand for interference I did not check the timing because I don't believe they remove the camshaft the belt looks (timing)new I found a sticker saying the last inspection or work done on it was probably ten thousand miles prior. Said service needed at 163,000. It shows 153.000. On meter. I have verified fuel from the lift pump for 3 to 5 seconds for key turn I've also pulled vacuum on the backside of the tandem pump and got fuel it did not have fuel in the rail when I first tried to start it I used ether to get it to fire off after I checked it manually for any Bynes and it fired off 2 or 3 times but would not continue to run I've been verified that I have fuel at the return and fuel coming from the lift pump but still I have no start and it doesn't seem to even try to start it has about 12.3 bolts on its battery but it's a hard start or hard to turn over it turns freely when I use cables on it but does not start . was having trouble navigating to side my phone but I'm trying and pleased to meet you all thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

After being prompted. ;)

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. . A little more history. We flooded, night of Aug. 27, 2017 during hurricane Harvey, spent 4 months in a hotel, and are finally getting caught back up with reconstruction, etc. Life...was a long year . Filing incomemail tax today! My wife truck costs us about $50 a week in fuel for her. The bug was purchased with a goal, of saving us some much needed funds..I could really use some help here, I'm really not used to asking for it..I'm used to be there to give it..it's been a very humbling experience.
Thanks guy's!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts