VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Brm going into limp mode under hard load

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  _levi 
#1 ·
So yesterday I experienced my 2006 Jetta do what I think is entering limp mode for a short amount of time. I was getting onto the freeway passing someone when my car cut all power and would not let me accelerate unless I literally, limped the car by barely pressing the accelerator to get it to move. I could barely go over 60 miles an hour mainly cause I already had momentum.

After a few miles pulled over, shut it off and on again and it worked like normal. Was reading online and maybe I over boosted causing the limp mode to engage?

Car has a Malone stage 2 tune, egr delete, turbo back 2.5in exhaust, and intake. Many thanks for any helpful comments.

#6 ·
Thanks guys just looked at the wiki.

Think I figured it out! I guess I never plugged in a vacuum line when I put the intake on. Plugged it in, and the CEL I got when're car entered limp mode turned off. Haha I win! .. Well, if it doesn't happen again lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.