VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I experienced my 2006 Jetta do what I think is entering limp mode for a short amount of time. I was getting onto the freeway passing someone when my car cut all power and would not let me accelerate unless I literally, limped the car by barely pressing the accelerator to get it to move. I could barely go over 60 miles an hour mainly cause I already had momentum.

After a few miles pulled over, shut it off and on again and it worked like normal. Was reading online and maybe I over boosted causing the limp mode to engage?

Car has a Malone stage 2 tune, egr delete, turbo back 2.5in exhaust, and intake. Many thanks for any helpful comments.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had no idea about that sorry. And have not looked at the limp mode wiki or even really know how to operate the site. Legit just made the account. Thanks though

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys just looked at the wiki.

Think I figured it out! I guess I never plugged in a vacuum line when I put the intake on. Plugged it in, and the CEL I got when're car entered limp mode turned off. Haha I win! .. Well, if it doesn't happen again lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts