VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with my 2006 brm 1.9
Does anybody have step by step instructions on removal of camshaft and lifters for this engine

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did the cam replacement and I don't think the thread M.T.diesel did is up/available.
Some tips>> mark the top and bottom of the cam belt with white out or nail polish so when it's re-installed, you hit your marks again. Also, you can, if you are bold enough, just hit the old cam right on the end when it's attached to the cam gear to pop it out. Be careful, you can tape a big washer on the cam gear to protect the soft metal on the cam gear, but I did that and the cam just popped off. You can probably rent a harmonic balance puller if you dont want to do that. I had it wedged between two pieces of metal to hold it... at tree-limb fork would work too. Didn't have to hit it too hard.
If you are not good with wires/hoses, mark them when you take them off. And you can use a framing 16 penny nail to lock the tensioner for the alt and/or AC.
I also poured a bottle of the thick STP on top of the cam before I sealed it up. You can prime the oil pump but at least that will stick around before the pump really starts doing it's work/job. Have a lot of paper towels around too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You for your reply. I found enough info on the forums and my car is finished and running.

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
Thank You for your reply. I found enough info on the forums and my car is finished and running.
Well are you going to tell us what your have done, that's what forums are for?

Post the link to the forum you used?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts