VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a leaking Clutch slave cylinder with typical symptoms of it sitting on the floor after sitting. A few pumps and it would rebuild pressure and work without a problem. I replaced the clutch slave cylinder, master cylinder, hydraulic line, and the master cylinder reservoir (I broke the tab off trying to remove the hydraulic line). I bled the entire system multiple times, both manually pressing the pedal and releasing air as well as using an oil can at the slave cylinder and flowing hydraulic fluid up through the system. Ever since I performed the work, the clutch pedal comes up until approximately 1/2" prior to the top of the travel and stops. You can tell that the clutch is still slightly engaged when sitting in this position. If I pull the clutch pedal up the rest of the way with my toe it stays. The car drives fine and shifts fine. I am stumped on what is causing the lack of full travel. Could it be a bent clutch fork without any other symptoms?

·
Super Moderator
9,413 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts