VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have just purchased a 2001 Jetta TDI without keys from a local auction and need to know what my option are for key replacement. I am an experienced 20 year auto tech and use the Launch 431x master scanner, But am new to the current key setups on VW. I have good cylinder and keys from a totaled 2001 jetta VR6 that I would like to use if possible. I have no info on how the VW/Audi immobilizer works! Thanks Bill

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Ross Tech angle. You are right I would make good use of this as VW does Make up 50% of my repairs.
Can't wait to drive it bought this one for me! Thanks

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Over rev! Hit redline and would not shut down

Thanks for the help on the key codes. The cable and software did fix and reprogram the keys.
Now I have a new problem motor started and ran very well. Took it for a ride only to have the engine hit redline could not shut it down, before it blew a piston and rod out of the bottom of the block. Must have be getting oil from turbo? Anyone ever seen this before on a TDI. Key off and out But would not shut down? Dont usually work on diesel VW Really sucks wanted this one for my personal car. Thanks for all you help, Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.