VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those having issues with accessing the Bluetooth Phonebook next to your odometer. Please read the following:

I have a 2010 Jetta TDI sedan (not wagon) that comes with the 9W3 High Line Bluetooth module. I DO NOT have navigation. I do have the MFD High Line with stereo, which I know came in all 2010 Jetta TDI sedans.

I was able to call from my phone, close the phone,then resume through my stereo for calls. This wasn't normal, since we should be able to access the phonebook through the Multi Function Display (next to odometer).

I was NOT able to access my bluetooth phonebook even by reading the owners manual, threads and by watching video instructions online.

**I took my Jetta to the dealer and the tech had to enable the Bluetooth Phonebook by adding an additional 3 digit code. I sat with him while he did this and it took a mere 10 minutes to complete. He said that a lot of Jetta TDI sedans with the Bluetooth Phonebook were NOT enabled from the factory. The tech also said he does this all week with many customers.

Now I can make/receive calls completely hands free.

**ANYONE WITH THIS ISSUE, TAKE YOUR JETTA TDI SEDAN TO THE DEALER AND THEY WILL FIX THIS ISSUE BY ENABLING THE BLUETOOTH PHONEBOOK WITH A NEW CODE. VOLKSWAGEN IS AWARE OF THIS ISSUE, BUT ARE NOT ANNOUNCING IT TO CUSTOMERS AS THEY SHOULD.***

I hope this helps anyone with the "missing bluetooth phonebook: issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No access to VAG? Simply allow VW to take care of it.

One thing the BT thread doesn't mention:

That thread is for VW owners still under warranty and doesn't mention Volkswagen taking care of the problem for free/no charge to customers with existing warranty.

This thread was directed towards those, like myself without VAG or access to VAG. It takes the guesswork out of the problem.
Let VW take care of this. Why should we waste our time and research if still under warranty.

VW should take care of this as courtesy for not sending out an FYI to it's customers and leaving us in the dark.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For those having issues with accessing the Bluetooth Phonebook next to your odometer. Please read the following:

I have a 2010 Jetta TDI sedan (not wagon) that comes with the 9W3 High Line Bluetooth module. I DO NOT have navigation. I do have the MFD High Line with stereo, which I know came in all 2010 Jetta TDI sedans.

Does this apply to all 2010 Jetta TDI wagons (JSW, no navigation, but MFD) as well? I can't check right now which module I have, but am eager to find out if it can be done. At first, I was very disappointed to learn that the Bluetooth functionality in a brand new car is far less capable than the one on my old $199 portable GPS (dial from screen, phonebook, etc.) ...

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Does this apply to all 2010 Jetta TDI wagons (JSW, no navigation, but MFD) as well? I can't check right now which module I have, but am eager to find out if it can be done. At first, I was very disappointed to learn that the Bluetooth functionality in a brand new car is far less capable than the one on my old $199 portable GPS (dial from screen, phonebook, etc.) ...
I'm pretty sure that the 2010 wagons get 9w2 which does not have phone book capability.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I've researched:

The VW factory either forgot to enable it or purposely did not enable it due to the fact they maybe only wanted it enabled for those who bought the Navigation. That's just from what I've read, so I don't know 100%

Besides the point, VW knew it should have been enabled.

No biggie, just find a dealer who is willing to add the code in while you're still under the warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All i know is that thi sapplies to the 2010 TDI Jetta Sedan. I don't know about the Jetta TDI wagon, but I'd ask the dealer if you have 9W3 module.

Do you have the High line Mulit Funtion Display between the odometer?
- This is the display that has the most info/display icons.

It's weird, the new 2010 TDI Golfs, from what people are saying, come with the older 9W2 modules.

Research or stop by the VW dealer. They will help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bluetooth 9w3 module

Does anyone know of VW dealer that has 9w3 modules. Just bought 2010 JSW with 9w2 which dealer I bought from doesn't know anything about. Looking to get changed out to 9w3 for more phone capability. Are aftermarket ones working and if so who has them for sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bluetooth Module

Has anyone installed Kufatec aftermarket module with success replacing 9w2 module that comes with 2010 jetta wagons, and if so does computer need updating. thanks for the response. This forum is very informative and in short time I have been envolved with TDI's learned alot.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2010 TDI does not have the navi. It did not have the 9w3 from the factory, but the dealer finally figured that out after three visits. They installed the right module, but will not make the VAG change to enable the phone book. They claim that I am not entitled because I do not have the navi.

Any VW corporate types trolling this site?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I have VCDS, did the match regarding doing myself vs going to the dealer, was able to enable phonebook in 5 mins myself vs going to the dealer which would have costed me at least an hour if not more + fuel cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any help locally?

I'm a new owner of a used 2010 Jetta TDI sedan and need to make the vag changes to enable my phone book. From what I've read on here, VW seems reluctant to make the changes considering I have the RCD-510 radio, sans Navi. Any local help in the Northern Va area with the VCDS cable and software and willing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 JSW 9w2 / No Navigation

Does anyone know of VW dealer that has 9w3 modules. Just bought 2010 JSW with 9w2 which dealer I bought from doesn't know anything about. Looking to get changed out to 9w3 for more phone capability. Are aftermarket ones working and if so who has them for sale.
I have purchased a 2010 JSW. How do you know whether it has 9w2 or 9w3? Ask the dealer? Also, how is the Navigation system activated? What is a sure way to know if you have a Navigation System on your Jetta?

·
Registered
1 Posts
rns-510 with navigation in 2010 jetta tdi

I am unable to access phonebook functions via the mfd. I took it to the dealer and they claimed it was not coded properly. Still can't access this info. Shouldn't I be able to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The hardware and software are all there, but whether or not VW will fix it for you seems to depend on the attitude of the local dealer. The more customer service friendly will quickly change the code. The less so, like mine in Lanco PA, will not. This has annoyed me to the point that I will probably not consider another VW in the future. I love the engine....hate the dealer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts