VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Audi '10 A3 TDI. Bluetooth is obviously the advanced version which lets you send/receive calls and can import phone book, but what about streaming music from an enabled device like an iPhone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bluetooth Audio for streaming from device

Yep, it's there. Go into the radio "setup" and enable Bluetooth Audio. This adds the BT Audio option when you select the "Media" button on the radio. I did the same for the SD media and AUX. The radio will "grey out" the feature if there's no device present \ connected.

Give that a try!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Does the audi let you adjust these settings? If so it's a little different than what I've been reading about the VW system. The VW one can't do both phonebook and streaming music :(

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Does the audi let you adjust these settings? If so it's a little different than what I've been reading about the VW system. The VW one can't do both phonebook and streaming music :(
Of course not, that's why you pay extra for the audi ;)

BTW, someone has retrofitted the 9w3 high bluetooth to a VW that has the RNS 510 radio. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4660655

So we now know that the 9w3 module is compatible with both the RCD 510 touchscreen radio and the RNS510 GPS navigation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep, it's there. Go into the radio "setup" and enable Bluetooth Audio. This adds the BT Audio option when you select the "Media" button on the radio. I did the same for the SD media and AUX. The radio will "grey out" the feature if there's no device present \ connected.

Give that a try!
Everything I've read about the A3 indicates that it doesn't support A2DP, as A2DP is supported only with MMI-based systems. From the couple A3's I've seen, I don't recall seeing MMI or a SD media slot in any of them; however, neither of the A3s had navigation, which may change things a bit.

Since I have an A3 TDI coming in January, it'd be nice to know for sure :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry guys, I should have qualified my post with "On the 2010 VW Jetta RCD-510 radio" ... you can enable the BT Audio feature under the "Media" button. IF the 2010 Audi A3 uses the same RCD-510 radio you should expect the BlueTooth audio streaming feature to work. You can see photos of the screen in my Album.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Sorry guys, I should have qualified my post with "On the 2010 VW Jetta RCD-510 radio" ... you can enable the BT Audio feature under the "Media" button. IF the 2010 Audi A3 uses the same RCD-510 radio you should expect the BlueTooth audio streaming feature to work. You can see photos of the screen in my Album.
Ah, that is the confusion. The Audi A3 radio is totally different and not compatible with the VWs. I'm sure you could make it work but pretty sure it's not bolt in. Many mechanical things are the same but this isn't.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, bringing this back to my original question about the Audi...

The streaming music can be accessed even if I didn't opt for the MMI Navigation?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? Can you stream audio to the A3 using the bluetooth comfort package without the navigation setup?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts