VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2011 Golf TDI and I've been trying to connect my HTC EVO (Android 2.2) without any luck. The initial pairing is successful and the phone indicates that the bluetooth is connected, only to shortly there after indicate that it is disconnected. The phone is shown as paired and connected in the dashboard of the car, but when trying to access the phonebook, it's empty. When trying to make a call (dial number from the voice activated command) it hear it dial and then nothing happens.

Has anyone had a similar issue and was there a fix for it?

Thanks,
Mentor

·
Registered
53 Posts
Might not be the same issue but something similar was happening to me. Are you using any battery saving apps like SuperPower or JuiceDefender? I was connecting no issue to the bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S and then SuperPower was disconnecting it after 2 minutes if it wasn't in use.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
First, make sure that you are not using any type of task killer. Have you ever connected your Evo to a bluetooth headset? The Evo itself might be defective. Also if you have a friend's phone that has bluetooth capability try connecting it to your car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently purchased a 2011 Golf TDI and I've been trying to connect my HTC EVO (Android 2.2) without any luck. The initial pairing is successful and the phone indicates that the bluetooth is connected, only to shortly there after indicate that it is disconnected. The phone is shown as paired and connected in the dashboard of the car, but when trying to access the phonebook, it's empty. When trying to make a call (dial number from the voice activated command) it hear it dial and then nothing happens.

Has anyone had a similar issue and was there a fix for it?

Thanks,
Mentor
When I was test driving some Jetta TDi's and a Golf TDI (I'm picking mine up on Saturday), my EVO didn't totally pair with them. Of course I was messing with it while I was driving so that might have been why. But I did get one of the units to connect and partially download my phonebook. I hope it doesn't download all of my phonebook since it's integrated with Facebook... crap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I bought my Golf TDi and got it to pair with my phone no problem. It did download all the fb users' as well (HTC sense includes all fb contacts on your phone to pull numbers) so it totally sucks to look for the right person if their last name starts with M or N, being in the middle of the alphabet...

I had to tell it to download the phonebook after I paired it with the car. At that point I had no ptoblems making or receiving calls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts