VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've just switched from Blackberry to Iphone. Synching up to Bluetooth was no problem, and making and receiving hands-free calls is exactly the same hassle-free experience as before.

The problem is the volume coming over the speakers on calls is way lower than before. I have to strain to hear what the caller is saying. Is there any way to adjust the volume so inbound calls are louder?

It was just perfect before...

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
You don't say what car/sound system you are using, but if the clue you did provide about being new to the iPhone points in the right direction, have you tried pressing the up-volume key on your phone while a BT call is in progress?

In other words, the iPhone sets the BT volume separately from speaker volume. So even if your "regular" call volume is all the way to loud, BT volume could be set very low and you wouldn't notice unless you looked during a BT session.

Hope this helps,

-dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOH! I'll have to try that. Bberry did everything perfectly automatically on its own, I just assumed Iphone would, too. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I recently bought the USA.SPEC "PA11 VW6" adapter interface and installed it myself in less than 20 minutes on my 2001 Jetta (OEM radio, the Moonson thinghy...)

The thing works great, charges your Iphone while you drive, you can listen to your ipod (portion of the iphone) or listen to Pandora (or any other streaming app.) the sound quality is great (line out) any time there is a call the music stops so you can answer (I use my iphone OEM headset while "in call mode") and when done w/ the call the music is automatically back on...

It's a great little unit, mine was a little over 100 bucks!;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello, I recently bought the USA.SPEC "PA11 VW6" adapter interface and installed it myself in less than 20 minutes on my 2001 Jetta (OEM radio, the Moonson thinghy...)

The thing works great, charges your Iphone while you drive, you can listen to your ipod (portion of the iphone) or listen to Pandora (or any other streaming app.) the sound quality is great (line out) any time there is a call the music stops so you can answer (I use my iphone OEM headset while "in call mode") and when done w/ the call the music is automatically back on...

It's a great little unit, mine was a little over 100 bucks!;)
The 2001 has different electronics. They would need something compatible for the 2009 or 2010.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts