VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see anything that specifically answered this question... Most people seem to have pairing issues. In my 2011 Golf TDI I paired my Droid on the first try no prob. The audio pipes through fine from both pandora and the built in media player. The phone and nav work great and I'm looking into either making a charger/cradel for up in the front of the center console or buying something that will do what I want (yet to find it). The only thing I'm having trouble getting to work the way I would like it to is I want the buttons in the BT Media screen to work (Back, Play, Forward). It would be awesome to get the Tag data to show on the head unit as well. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is this some stupid iPhone only feature?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't see anything that specifically answered this question... Most people seem to have pairing issues. In my 2011 Golf TDI I paired my Droid on the first try no prob. The audio pipes through fine from both pandora and the built in media player. The phone and nav work great and I'm looking into either making a charger/cradel for up in the front of the center console or buying something that will do what I want (yet to find it). The only thing I'm having trouble getting to work the way I would like it to is I want the buttons in the BT Media screen to work (Back, Play, Forward). It would be awesome to get the Tag data to show on the head unit as well. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is this some stupid iPhone only feature?
Doesn't work on my Galaxy S either. I'm pretty sure it's not limited to Android, however.

Also, don't install this in the center console. Nothing's worse than having to look down to see the Nav screen (it's also unsafe). It's cheesey but I picked up one of those vent mounted cradles and it's the PERFECT height for navi. That plus Car Home has been awesome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll echo the other user's Kuda mount suggestion. I'm lusting after one for my JSW. One of these days ...

As for the Media touch buttons, none of them function with the wife's iphone4 nor my own older Nokia Symbian-60 based Smartphone. Both of these devices support AVRC (Bluetooth's Remote Control Protocol or extensions) with a dirt cheap Lubix Stereo headset we both use for the gym. Apple added it FINALLY with OS update 4.2, my 3-year-old Nokia has always had it. Perhaps the VW 9W7 BT module does not support this (only plain-jane A2DP - which allows BT streaming from music, nav and other apps, more than just phone calls)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone checked out Pro-clip? Looks like $30 for the mount and another $35 for the adjustable mount for my phone.
Pro-Clip Mount:
http://goo.gl/gHacO

The Kuda's are $56 for the mount and about $100 for the charging cradles which are not swivel/tilting. NOT worth it to me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just ordered the ProClip. Hoping to get the mount before my road trip from NY to FL and back. I'll post pics when I get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts